Lord, I have come to You for protection; never let me be defeated! Because You are righteous, help me and rescue me. Listen to me and save me! Be my secure shelter and a strong fortress to protect me; You are my refuge and defence.
Psalm 71 verses 1 to 3.
We give praise and thanks to God for:
1. The ability and wisdom to change our way of working at this challenging time, for continuing improvement of our practices to keep volunteers safe and reach those in need
2. The generosity of so many giving time, money, food and encouragement - individuals, churches and businesses in so many supportive ways.
3. New and existing volunteers who have supported us at this time especially
4. Understanding and patience from those we work with and serve
5. Countless answers to prayers for space, money, food, supplies and goodwill!
6. Support from Trussell Trust with updates, advice and daily help
7. Henderson Trust (our landlord) giving us extra warehouse space and staff time to help with administration and ongoing changes
8. Protection of our health - as far as we know, none of our active volunteers have contracted covid-19; may this continue and all remain healthy
9. The way in which so many communities, churches and individuals have responded to help those in need or those around them.
Prayer for a Pandemic:
May we, who are merely inconvenienced, remember those whose lives are at stake.
May we, who have no risk factors, remember those who are most vulnerable.
May we, who have the luxury of working from home, remember those who must choose between preserving their health and paying their rent.
May we, who have the flexibility to care for our children when their schools close, remember those who have no options.
May we, who have to cancel our trips, remember those who have no safe place to go.
May we, who are losing our spending money in the tumult of the economic market, remember those who have no spare money at all.
May we, who settle for staying at home, remember those who have no home.
As fear grips our country, Let us choose Love.
During this time when we cannot physically wrap our arms around each other, Let us find ways to be the loving embrace of God to our neighbours.
We pray for:
1. Continued wisdom as we are into the new 'normal'
2. Mental and physical health and strength for Hannah and Keith and for all those who have stepped up to help at this time
3. Peace at this time of uncertainty
4. Ongoing positive relationships with supermarkets - especially those newly created partnerships – that these may be cultivated into the future
5. Households that are experiencing difficult relationships, especially where there is domestic violence
6. Our Government that they may respond wisely and for the public response as changes come into place in the coming days and weeks
7. Pat who has been ill recently and for Barbara (his wife) and their children; for healing, recovery, future good health and peace
8. Those who are coming to us for the first time, never thinking they'd be in this position; let them feel assured and supportedA continued sense of community as things slowly change; that this new sense of being together will not be lost
For I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you took me in. Matthew 25:35
God of faithfulness, Your generous love supplies us with all that we need. We know that all we have is yours.
We celebrate the work that you have done in Norwich and Norfolk through foodbank by means of the generous support of many people.
Through foodbank we are able to offer food to the hungry, a drink to the thirsty and compassion to the strangers in our city and county.
Accept our offering of worship and service. May your Spirit empower us to be your hands and feet in our community as we continue to serve those in crisis.
We pray that you bless all those who give and receive. Increase the capacity of foodbank; help the food to get to those who need it most